After hugely successful forums in Sydney, London, Singapore and Tokyo, Hitachi is bringing its signature event to Brisbane for the second time this year.
In August, 150 guests witnessed Social Innovation in action as speakers, including the Lord Mayor of Brisbane, the Consul-General of Japan, and the Chairman of Ansaldo STS Australia spoke about the future of Australia.
Here is what you can expect this year:
- • Remarkable speakers confirmed: Subject experts, government and industry leaders will participate in panel discussions and speaker sessions on the future of Mining, Agriculture and Social Innovation in Australia. Speakers will be announced on this website leading up to the event. Please see Agenda and Speaker Bios.
- • Network with other Australian leaders from Business, Government and Research from all over the country and across a range of industries, and join the discussion on how to co-create for a better tomorrow.
- • Witness Social Innovation in action:
- • Digital Transformation in Mining:
- • Digital transformation has become a focus of Tier 1 and some Tier 2 miners. The intent is to improve safety and drive costs in large scale mining even lower and along the way to reduce unwanted variability, in terms of quantity and quality, of material movement throughout the supply chain. The transformation is often led by instrumenting and automating as many mining processes as possible, a notable result of this transformation is the development of autonomous trucks, drills, dozers and trains. Instrumentation leads to masses of data which can be analysed to give rise to interesting and useful insights which in turn enhance the quality of tactical and strategic decisions. This analysis of large diverse data sets can also be used to reliably predict component failure and other outcomes of interest. Join the panel discussion to find out what has been done, how well it has worked, and if its right for you.
- • Technology in Agriculture:
- • Hitachi’s Process Intelligence (HPI) is at the forefront of revolutionising farm management and optimising the complete food value chain, from farm to plate. Farming today uses many different technologies including wireless sensor networks, global navigation satellite systems (GNSS and QZSS), big data and predictive analytics, machine-to-machine (M2M) communication, robotics and drones. In terms of end-markets, this covers broad acre, horticulture, dairy and livestock. But for technology to be successful it requires involvement and commitment from everyone involved in the value chain from proper on farm adoption of technology, collaboration with farmers, agronomists and experts on what technology is needed to drive productivity, profitability and global competitiveness as well as focusing along the way on breeding practices, health, welfare and biosecurity. Our panel of experts will be looking at the these human and animal aspects of technology in agriculture amongst other aspects of adopting technology for the agriculture industry.
- • Experience our Innovation Showcase with expert consultants from our R&D, Mining, Agriculture, IoT & Analytics and Transportation businesses.
- • Explore Digital Mining including predictive maintenance and condition monitoring, communication solutions, field force enablement and simulation solutions.
- • Discover how Smart Agriculture aid in optimising the complete food value chain, from farm to plate, by leveraging solutions such as Process Intelligence and Drone Imagery Analysis Capabilities.
- • Learn how Big Data can be harnessed to optimise processes and services in Agriculture and Mining
- • See how collaborative innovation can help transform your business.